Monday, January 11, 2010

Week 13

In the midst of cold, cold winter. Thusly (and I don't think that is a word, but it should be) I am craving comfort and slow-cooked meals that fill the kitchen with smells that make me happy to be indoors. And thusly (again) here is the menu. Also, I have been making granola once a week, that will make you feel cozy.

And a word about resolutions for the big twenty-ten: I am going to try and get healthier, with only one meat meal per week. And limiting red meat quite a bit - to maybe a few times a month. And I am giving up soda, this is hard for me. It shouldn't be, but to completely give something up is tricky for a gal like myself. Also, I am going to attempt to make bread, the whole-wheat, good-for-you type. Oh, and pies of course. I have never made my own pie crust and think that might be a good thing for me to do.

Okay, here it is:

Beef Brisket - channeling the husband's Amarillo roots, here. Served with tortillas and purple cabbage cole slaw. Taken from Smitten Kitchen - such a great site.

Leek and lemon soup plus brown soda bread

garden burgers and sweet potato fries - we had this last week, good and easy.

Curried udon noodle stiry-fry

Frittata - leek and prosciutto.

And Pumpkin Muffins - hey-o.

No comments:

Post a Comment