Friday, February 12, 2010

Week 17

Hey ho, it's Kermit the cook here, reporting from the depths of cold grey winter. February just kills me every month. Valentine's day serves as my Obi-Wan-Kanobi, as in save me, you are my only hope. So thus Pink food shall be a part of this week, which makes me a happy hoppy bird - for Valentine's Day, huzzah!

Also, Josh is working nights, so we will be living in a state of zombie brain. This will mean, low maintenance, so definitely not Cafe Rio pork salad. I have heard really good things about the chicken in milk and I have a new dutch oven that needs to be used. Chicken and milk sounds strange, but a good strange.

Meals

salmon patties, squash

Sweet potato kugel with broccoli - Hubso keeled over when he had the kugel, so we must have it again. It was good, but I don't like grating sweet potatoes.

V-day meal:

beet gnocchi with a prosciutto, pomegranate, fennel and arugula salad. Oh, and HOMEMADE Oreos, get down. The beet gnocchi is from a recipe book I checked out called _Apples for Jam_ (p. 148). This is a very sweet cookbook wherein all the recipes are arranged by color, which I find undeniably appealing.

Chili and cornbread - new chili recipe to try from 101 Cookbooks, a great vegetarian cooking blog.

Apple and parsnip soup and challah

Chicken in milk with roasted veg - Jamie Oliver

frozen meal backup - orange chicken and brown rice - Costco.

Looking over this, I am not sure if it is so zombie brain friendly. This always happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment