Halloween is honing in on me. I haven't been the best about it, with the house in shambles, there have been no decorations put up, no handmade costumes, not even the promised cookies. Pumpkins are on the porch, but uncarved. So there is much to do, at the moment we are shooting for the main floor to be done by Christmas. That means, I will most likely be spending time on the house, painting, stripping (and not in that sense, naughty), and re-thinking all of my color choices. So to make up for my half-arsed Halloween, I am attempting a Halloween meal. Hooray for moi.
Also, I finally broke down and bought a cookbook, _Feast_ by Nigella Lawson. Strangely enough, this cookbook makes me laugh out loud. She not only makes great food, but great reading. This is coming from a girl who reads cookbooks before bed. I am a nerd. This cookbook is nice in that it is divided up into celebrations/holidays. As someone who is actively trying to create tradition and memories for my little family, she includes some great ideas. Plus, I fancy the word Feast, love everything it is about.
Here we are then:
Slow-cooker BBQ chicken sandwiches
Roasted Carrots
Supper tart of red onion, greens, and grapes - from Splendid Table
Brussel sprouts braised in cream - from Orangette - just had these tonight, awesome.
Gyoza and Edamame - still hanging around the freezer. Always there for you when you need them.
Garden burgers with fried cheese
Cabbage salad with apples and walnuts - Smitten Kitchen, good stuff, although I can never manage to find savoy cabbage.
Halloween Meal - wait for it - SLIME soup (really pea soup, from Nigella Lawson)
Grilled ham and MONSTER (really, muenster, I know, now I am just getting silly) cheese cut in Halloween cookie cutter shapes.
Halloween Cookies. For the reals.
Hot chocolate - found on Orangette. It's getting to be that time.
No comments:
Post a Comment