Halloween is winding down, too much sugar means a need for more savory. However, I am itching to make a pie. I've never made a pie, and now that we are in a new house with a new kitchen, I do believe a pie ought to be made. It just seems right. Other than that, the slime soup was better than expected. Mr. H wanted nothing to do with it, but it was the novelty that mattered, right? And the cookies were pretty good. I realize that I only have a few years of Mr. H's enthusiasm for sugar cookies, so I need to milk it while I can. It is getting pretty chilly, winter is slowly making its way in, which always brings more enthusiasm for baking and cooking. So that is what I plan to do.
Here we are:
Mushroom and cabbage Galette. Mixed greens, side. I have made a galette before, a zuchini, and it was pretty smashing. We will see how this goes.
Pumpkin Ricotta Casserole. Side? I never know what to eat with casseroles. Greens? Sauteed peppers?
Chicken and dumplings or is it dumplins'? I remember this being pretty tedious. But I haven't made it in awhile, and it was pretty, pretty, pretty good, as Larry David would say.
Garden Burgers and sweet pot fries
Salmon patties and roasted acorn squash
Gyoza and edamame - the grand backup
Grape and red onion tart - still haven't made that one.
I am in quite the breakfast rut at the moment. So I think I might try these out, Josh would probably dig them as well
Oatmeal breakfast Clafoutis. I have never heard of a clafoutis before, but I like it. I think it would be a great name for a dog. Always a good predictor when it comes to food. Syllabub, also good dog name.
No comments:
Post a Comment